Thank you all for letting me join in. I need to get to the back of the engine. (I believe the engine is a GM.) I removed, lubricated and reassembled the Pivot Bolt. It is free moving. I released the tray by way of two bolts, which are vertical to each other, that are attached into the rear weighted end. The bolts were located on the high side of the interior rear near the air cleaner. Upon doing so the tray dropped slightly. I tried to swing the tray out with decent puling force and it would not budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I don't know which bolts you removed, but on the JLG machines like the 450AJ there's a single 5/8" bolt that secures the engine platform to the turntable base, basically underneath the radiator end of the engine platform. Remove that single bolt and the engine platform swings out.
Thank you Willie59 for your response. I went to check the machine and could not find the 5/8s bolt. There is likely a variation in this unit. Below the radiator is the battery. I looked carefully all the way back to the turntable and I only found one of the risers the the tray rides on between center and rear. They are blue blocks with a few metal pieces on top of them acting like a shim. I will explore more in the daytime and plan to use a farm jack to slightly lift the swing end. Thank so much.
Like willie59 said... there is a 5/8" bolt down under the radiator underneath the engine platform. It bolts the engine table to the main table.
I am planning on looking at a 450A within the next hour and will try to remember to take a pic of the bolt.
My thanks to Willie59 and BAY ONE-SEVEN and Excavator. Without your help I wound not have found the bolt. The bolt is near the lower inside corner, it is horizontally attached and is about 20” in from the front. Thanks so much.