Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 600S Telescopic Boom Lift Telescopic Cylinder Removal

cboudreaux ยท 2020-04-10 10:10

Is the telescopic cylinder pinned at both the base of the unit and towards the front (basket) or is it just pinned at the base and the basket end just fits in a slot? I have a 2004 600s that the telescopic cylinder is leaking. I was going to put the boom horizontal and brace it on stand supports and use a skid steer to slide it out the back. Also, the wire rope cables, do those provide tension to retract the cylinder? Those should be removed with the cylinder completely retracted? Thanks for any help that you can provide, I've searched the internet for this and info is scarce. I do have the parts breakdown from JLG, I would just like to confirm before getting into this. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.