The lift stopped when I was driving it forward, from the basket. It went a couple of feet then just stopped. Nothing operates either from the basket or from the platform. The only signs of life are the horn works and the battery level gauge lights up. Couldn't find any obvious breaks in wires, etc. The batteries are fairly old but do hold a charge. There are two breakers on the platform control that seem OK. I'm looking for a bit of direction for simple things to look for and check before calling in the pros(spending lots of money!) I am fairly mechanically inclined but know nothing about lifts. I am a private owner that uses it to work on my house and out buildings. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sounds like a wire disconnect somewhere. Inspect all wiring
Thanks Skata, I did kind of a quick check of the wires but will do it again more thoroughly.
Check the battery voltage. Don’t go by the gage. Low voltage is a killer
Thanks for the advice, I will check that.
The problem did turn out to be a loose wire underneath the machine, which was difficult to see. Thanks for the replies/help. Happy to have my lift operable again...Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the update, and good to hear you found the issue!