Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG G1255A miss under load

thombstone ยท 2017-08-05 13:48

Hey guys, I bought a used 2009 JLG G1255A under driving load I hear and feel a miss, you can not hear it from the engine side of unit but can hear it clearly from the drivers seat. I called to get someone to come look at the machine, the asked for the s/n of engine and here is where the fun starts... The unit was rebuilt by Pacific Power Products and has only there tag on it. They list it as engine family BPKXL04.4NJ1 and states year rebuilt 2012 1104D-E44TA. that info brings up perkins as the engine and not cat. I know there the same engine but the ecm's are different. Is there a scan tool I can buy to view data and input values in case I need to change injectors (I hear you need to put trim codes off the injectors into the ecm???). Back to my miss, it sounds like a hiss from a blown threw head gasket. If I back off just a touch it goes away. its not rpm specific but more load/boost which leads me to think fuel.. The injection pump looks brand new and has a cat usa sticker on it. Has line #1 324-0532 and line #2 2641A405 line #3 2641A405P06563099. The oil is dirty but no water in it the coolant is perfect, no over heating. no signs of leaking gaskets or fluids.

Replies5
  1. #192U 34062017-08-05 14:23

    I'd check the crankcase vent first. When they plug up they tend to develope a bit of a miss and sometimes smoke blue a little.

  2. #2thombstone2017-08-05 14:30

    I checked the vent seems to be working, I can feel it pulsing. Should I open the oil fill cap and give it a go?

  3. #3thombstone2017-08-05 14:32

    Only a little black smoke when you first stab the gas pedal

  4. #4thombstone2017-08-07 17:01

    Todays update... It is missing worse now. If i key on twice in 2 seconds to get the codes it flash out 3 of them. 551, 439 and 423. Anyone Know what these mean?

  5. #5thombstone2017-08-10 21:45

    UPDATE. I was using the machine yesterday and when I was looking for people/vehicles I noticed the side window of the cab was vibrating and when I put my finger on the glass the missing sound was gone! so today I scraped out the old urethane and put new stuff in.. noise all gone! Also found out I have the perkins ecm..... now for the codes.. anyone know what they mean??