Have a 120C that has a hydraulic pump that wines when the machine is in a bind. When digging tight clay the machine whines real bad when you try and curl the bucket. We changed the hydraulic filter, pilot control filter, and drained the hydraulic oil. The machine still makes the same noise. I dont know what to do know. Any suggestions????
check bucket circuit pressure make sure it is not to high, but I am very confident you are failing the main pump. STOP running the machine until you determine the if the pressure is too high in the bucket circuit. You will just make the repair much more exspensive if you don't stop running the machine!
thanks for the reply, but its not only in the bucket. I think it is a problem in the pump because if any of the hyrdaulics are in a bind it makes the noise. Does it need a new pump, or should a pressure or flow test be done? I am at a lose.
You can perform a cycle time test and check pressures, but like I said sounds like the pump is failing. Dealer should be able to diagnose very quickly.