Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 300D backhoe wont move

JerryHilton ยท 2024-11-18 19:16

Hey yall I'm stumped. Pickup up this backhoe yesterday and worked it before I got it. Got it home. Went to move it this morning and she won't go forwards or backwards. Hydraulic fluid is good reverse fluid is good. All the fuses are good. Used the front bucket to move it back and forward so brakes are locked. All Hydraulics work

Replies8
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-11-18 20:12

    If I understand correctly, the brakes are not locked ? Check the clutch cut off switch(s) on the loader control lever handle and the transmission shift lever handle (if on the floor). Switches are normally closed.

  2. #2JerryHilton2024-11-18 23:02

    No their not locked. If your saying the buttons on the gear shifter knob and the front bucket controls handle. The guy I got it from said he never used them so this morning when I put the new knobs on i had to cut them in order to get the old knobs off. Never hooked them back up. The front bucket operates fine with it cut. No one can tell me what their even for.

  3. #3mg23612024-11-19 04:50

    That is why it will not move. The one on the loader lever is for disengaging the reverser for faster loader cycle times. You can rev the engine for faster cycle time without stalling the torque converter. The one on the shift knob disengages the reverser for shifting.

  4. #4JerryHilton2024-11-19 10:21

    Ok guess I'll get out there when it stops raining and hook them up. Any idea where to het new ones at. The centers are missing what I figure would be the push in button

  5. #5mg23612024-11-19 12:07

    The dealer.

  6. #6HarleyHappy2024-11-19 13:37

    Normally closed, feel free to wire nut them together and have at it. lol

  7. #7JerryHilton2024-11-19 15:36

    Ok ill give that a shot. The ag co i went to earlier said they didn't have a contact with John deere so they couldn't get them i would have to order online. Found 1 place for 127 each

  8. #8JerryHilton2024-11-19 16:48

    Wanna thank yall i did wirenut the wires together on both the gear shifter and the front bucket control and she worked like a charm.