Hello I have a 2012 John Deere 310k I am having to install a new instrument cluster and am worried about the hour situation as I am planning to purchase a used dash. Will it display the hours that are currently on my backhoe or hours on the machine the dash is being pulled from?
With a Serial Number, Some of the smart folks can give you an educated answer.
View attachment IMG_2067.jpeg
Any new or used monitor installed on a "K" unit needs to have the software installed by the dealer. A new monitor is blank and needs software installed. A used monitor will throw codes and the machine most likely will not move. That is because all the controllers go through a "handshake" at key on. If a controller is not recognized during the handshake process then a code is generated. As far as hours, in either scenario, after programming, you will be prompted to update the hours when turning the ignition on (I think you have 20 hrs to do so). So write down your hours before replacing the monitor so you can load the correct hours.