I have a neighbor that doesn't use computers. He has a backhoe under repair. He's a very competent farm mechanic. He is replacing all the hoses on a backhoe he is fixing. They were not attached when he began. He needs some photo, diagram or something that shows how the hoses from the digger boom attach to the "plate" as he calls it. I'm clueless on this but found a video that showed the array of hoses coming from the hydraulic pump area to this big central unit that then sends them out to the cylinders. He got those done, but needs to know how the hoses are routed from this central unit out to the "boom" cylinder. Does that make any sense. I can find no online diagrams or Youtube videos that show this particular work. Thanks for any help. I will try to obtain info to answer any questions. I think this backhoe is from the 1970s.
Well, he relied on his inner "farmers force" and hooked them up and it worked. So, I'll try to take this down. Sorry for the trouble.
I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes you can look at what function a valve is for and figure out the hoses that way. Other times the length of the hoses helps determine where they go.