Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310D – Pinning Parking Brake

farious ยท 2015-11-16 11:36

Is there a way to pin/cage the parking brake on a JD 310D in the "off" position like can be done on a truck with air brakes? I need to be able to move the machine after removing the reverser, as it's looking more and more like this might need to be done on my machine - HeavyEquipmentForums .

Replies4
  1. #1Deon2015-11-20 05:44

    farious, I wish someone could answer this question. You've got me worried. What if I broke down on the road. How could you even tow the thing to safety, or to a garage.

  2. #2Delmer2015-11-20 07:33

    Sorry, I can't help with the brakes either, but what did you find in the screen and filter?

  3. #3farmntilen2015-11-23 21:52

    Yes Yes it can be caged. Talk to tech for the how to. I cant remember right now. Bolt on the drive shaft area

  4. #4br14742016-04-01 23:02

    Pull the floorboard up under your feet facing forward. There is a canister there by your right foot. It takes a 3/4 wrench. Initially it will be hard but back it out until it gets hard again usually about 2"