Have a active dtc when machine is running engine fan drive range low so I open the hood seen the cooling fan was hardly spinning. Called dealership got the new fan clutch replaced it and now it's spinning good code went away for 8 hours started machine next morning code was present again now the fan still working and spinning fine no over heat problems so I'm thinking it's a wiring problem anyone have a problem with these electric fan clutch system? Anything I can test or diagnose
Welcome to HEF Robert ! First a serial number is required, including the letter before the last 6 digits. Second thing is what code do you specifically have? Yes there has been some wiring issues with the SK's. That is why I need to know the specific code and serial number to help lead in the right direction.
Awesome first thing tommorow I will get you a serial number and exact code was not in the shop today will be in first thing tomorrow morning and will post them for you thank you
E219607 is serial number. when I go out to the machine I'll get the exact code all I know is the dtc say engine fan drive out of range low
Serial number or machine model correct? I only see a 410K listed to that serial number.
Full number is 1t0310kx_E219607 code is 647.05
That code means driver "current" out of range low (high resistance) which is an open wire. Take a real good look at your wiring to the fan clutch. Are/were they pulled tight? I have seen many issues with the wires breaking anywhere from the fan clutch connector back to and possibly just past the "P" clamp. Most of the time it was at or near the connector. Disconnect the plug from the clutch and then cut the loom off the wires. Pull on the wires one at a time and look for the wire insulation to stretch or possibly pull out of the back of the connector. The wire that stretches (or pulls out of the rear of the connector) is your problem wire. Based on your code pay particular attention to the J040 Tan wire.
Thank you I will give that a try and see if I can find a solution should have checked that to begin with
Mg2361 thank you very much for your help I would have never thought to check the contractor on the fan clutch tan wire was broke off wasn't making the connection complete went to closest dealership got the contractor installed it and was good to go light is now off and no active codes your help is greatly appreciated!
Glad to hear the issue was resolved and thanks for posting the end result.
Absolutely!