Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 315SJ Intermittent Crank

Dingo75 · 2025-03-02 02:02

My 315SJ JD backhoe is failing to crank. White wire at back of ignition switch (e22) lights up with key. No power to solenoid on starter, when key turned. Fuses seem okay and it was an intermittent (albeit now permanent) problem. I don’t own a manual and am just wondering if anyone experienced with these loaders might know if there is another relay between the key and starter? If yes any hints to where? There is 2 with the fuses but both seem not start related. Any assistance much appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Dingo752025-03-02 04:29

    Okay so I e trawled what I could online and discovered that it does have a large start relay. I’m guessing that will be the culprit.

  2. #2Simon C2025-03-02 14:58

    Don't going buying parts without doing some comprehensive multimeter testing unless money is no object. Faulty components need to be tested with a meter. Have to follow the ignition switch wiring on the schematic, which maybe someone will lend to know what is what. That is my suggestion. Simon C

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-03-02 20:23

    @Dingo75 , its a good habit to post a machine serial #