Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 319d issue!

MBills ยท 2015-09-02 16:00

Just bought a 319d at an auction. Starts and runs fine, but it wants to move the fwd and reverse levers by itself when its still in park. In other words, it will cause itself to die when idling in park b/c it wants to actuate the fwd/rev handles and overloads the engine. If its not in park it is fine, but once in park the bars will not stay in neutral. Sorry for the non-technical description, but I dont know what else to call it.:Banghead:Banghead Please help! Any ideas are welcome. I am not new to the equipment world but this is my first skid steer and I dont know what to look at first.

Replies9
  1. #1hmearth2015-09-04 15:38

    When you say levers is foot control or just joy stick if joy sticks try getting them recalibrated by a jd dealer foot control not so sure

  2. #2MBills2015-09-05 18:42

    Yeah, its just the joysticks. Mainly happens at startup, but a little at idle. When throttled up it has no problem. Thanks, I assumed it would be a dealer thing but was hoping i could do it in my shop. Does anyone have an idea if it takes a JD specific tuner to read computer and delete codes? Or can other shops do this?

  3. #3hmearth2015-09-05 20:05

    The screen can tell you what each code is i have a book on the codes and causes and you can remove codes your self

  4. #4MBills2015-09-08 10:54

    Oh great! How do you remove codes? The codes are irrelevant codes like the warning horn, so u would love to delete them

  5. #5hmearth2015-09-12 23:25

    View attachment 140695 I hope this will work for you

  6. #6greengold2015-10-26 22:04

    With your machine being mechanical controls it has two centering plates on top of the hydro. These have a tendency to wear and need rebuilt from time to time. What is happening is that your machine is not returning itself to neutral. Most times just the bushings can be replaced. If you raise the cab you will see linkages that will move with the levers on The top. Hope this helps.

  7. #7MBills2015-10-27 22:41

    Thanks greengold, I found that out when I took it to a shop. 60 bucks in parts, 600 in labor. Learned my lesson the hard way. The only issue I have now is that it wants to derate power sometimes. Ill clear the codes and it will do it once I start it up and run it for a while. What is the trick to clean out the emissions crap on this machine?

  8. #8greengold2015-10-28 10:18

    The d series skids didn't have any emissions add ons. If you go to the menu and arrow down to codes select stored codes and it will tell you what is going on.....fuel pressure low (fuel filter) air restriction high (dirty air filters) keep in mind if no one has ever cleared codes on it it will show every code from the beginning.... Look at the hours after the description and it should say which one is causing the problem

  9. #9bjs2015-11-03 14:20

    I have a 333d and my d rate codes come up and I just replace filters air and fuel and reset codes and keep on trucken mine is 2011