Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 4.5 throttle problem

case9030b ยท 2010-11-12 22:26

I have a morbark wood chipper with a 4.5l John Deere engine 143hp that has a toggle swith to lift/decrease the engine revs,It stopped working the other day and would only idle.Swapped the toggle button for a new one and did nothing it has 2 wires running to the button down to the ECM. anyone had experiences with this type of thing it has me beat!

Replies3
  1. #1willie592010-11-12 22:43

    I don't know what inputs the ECM would require to change speeds 9050B. It could be voltage input, could be ground input. If you don't get any info, the best I could advise is trace the wiring that works your toggle switch, see if it's a positive voltage circuit or a ground circuit. It may be it's a positive circuit and it's not getting power. I hope you get it sorted out.

  2. #2case9030b2010-11-17 02:32

    Well it ended up being the switch that was a no brainer,But a resistor in the circuit box was blown it had power going to the switch just none getting to the ECM

  3. #3willie592010-11-17 19:44

    Well, good to hear ya got it sorted out. And it didn't empty your wallet.