Anyone have info on a john deere 40c? Head bolt torque, valve lash Pictures of an original front blade
I have never heard of a John Deere 40C dozer. Is this a typo? If not do you know what size engine is in it.
not a typo...... 40C was a 40 ag tractor with crawler conversion. It was Deeres 3rd generation crawler. I have shop manuals in Indiana but am currantly in Ohio. Google 40 crawler and you will find pictures of the blade. Is your machine a 3 or 4 bottom roller unit?
It's a 4 bottom roller.....is this good?
IIRC 3 roller units were a 1st yeat production and all other years were 4 roller. 4 roller units are kind of odd today because they were changed to 4 roller for the added stability. 3 roller units were VERY tippy with a front loader.
You might try here: http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/index.php Good luck, Rick
Thanks for all the information I will try and post a picture of my project soon.