Am thinking of trading my Case for a Deere D or E series with a cab. Never owned a Deere, a lot of used ones I've seen on the net look pretty high priced for a 15 year old machine. What is a good price for one in decent shape? Also never owned one with a cab, what do I need to look for here? Thanks
I have a 310D just a little smaller than a 410. My cab was badly rusted (now redone) but I live in an area where everything rust. Lift the floor mate and check things out. Also the inner fenders and sheet metal below side windows can be rusted. The Deere motors are smooth, last well and usually smoke less than most. The visibility is good in both the D and E models and the front opening door is a nice feature that lets you enter with ease. Just another post to look through when driving. Price is impossible to calculate. Depends on your area and condition. Good luck.
I was told by a friend of mine that the 410E had a new piston hyd. pump. This pump is supposed to be better than a rotary pump. The problem was it is not big enough to do the job. No easy fix for something like that. He was told this by a John Deere employee. The 410's look super strong with the huge cylinders but he said my 310D would out work it. Would be good to check into. Good Luck
We had a 410E for almost 10 years (bought it new). Great backhoe. The piston pump gives it a much smoother feel than the 310SE. The cab units have great visibility and I like how the door opens toward the machine center and out of the way. You can leave it open without fear of hooking it on something. Also, the extenda-hoe on the "E" models uses the outer box to extend vs. the inner box on the "D" models. This is better for keeping the slides clean and is better for grasping large objects against the stick. One thing we added to ours was stabilizer extensions (from Deere) as the stock stabilizers were a bit short for the size of the backhoe. Overall I think you'll like the machine.