Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 420 diesel – tachometer issue

Bill maylish · 2022-05-17 11:36

I bought a jd 410 backhoe earlier this year and the tach has not worked since I bought it. I was looking into fixing it but can find much in the manuals. Anyone have any info on how to trouble shoot the issue? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612022-05-17 11:58

    Welcome to HEF Bill ! Straight 410, 410A, B, C, etc? Serial number?

  2. #2Bill maylish2022-05-17 13:11

    Straight 410. I’ll post the serial a bit later after work

  3. #3Bill maylish2022-05-17 14:14

    410-d 220769(5) - not 100% sure on the last number but it looks like a 5.

  4. #4mg23612022-05-18 04:43

    See below. If you cannot turn the tach cable by hand, then the tach itself may be bad.

  5. #5Bill maylish2022-05-18 07:13

    thanks for the reply. I am hoping for just a bad tach.