Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 450

reddot556 ยท 2010-04-24 13:31

first time on one of these, my old company only used komatsu's..these deere's have a nice cab!!

Replies6
  1. #1Copenhagen2010-04-24 19:44

    Beautiful trench you have there! I'm a big fan of the Deere excavators. Nowadays, all I have is mini-x and skid steer work. It sure would be nice to win (or even have any to bid on) a job that would require some big iron.

  2. #2Vantage_TeS2010-04-25 00:48

    I find that the seats aren't nearly as nicely padded as a CAT and they are very short. First thing I do is pull the head rest off and flip it around so it's not sticking in my shoulders all day Haven't been in a Komatsu hoe yet so I can't comment on the difference between that and the Deere.

  3. #3reddot5562010-04-25 11:35

    lol...thats what i do also, i yank it off and throw it behind my seat...otherwise its to hard to reach around and get into the lunch box for goodies

  4. #4792DLC2010-04-25 14:01

    how many yards is that V

  5. #5Vantage_TeS2010-04-26 21:44

    I'm interested to hear if your arms are a bit sore after running that. The sticks seem to be placed further apart than the cat so everytime I run one I use weird muscles that are neglected in a cat. Seems to be alot of pushing "out" (away from your knees) with the right hand (putting strain on your forearm) rather than straight pushing and pulling with a little wrist rotation.

  6. #6reddot5562010-05-01 11:23

    i have no idea about the size of the trap bucket,,(trapezoidal) ..i imagine 3-4 yds though, i set the cab up the same way on any machine i run..i notice no difference between the deere,komatsu,or cat