Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450E Hydraulics issue

Tony Tedder ยท 2019-03-28 22:08

My John Deere 450E blade hydraulics operated slow since purchasing it. Today the hydraulics for the blade quit working all together. (angle, tilt and lift ) after about 9 hours of operation, I di notice a small dent ( 1/4 " ) with a scuff on the belly pan. There is plenty of hydraulics in machine. I am going to drop the belly pan tomorrow to see what I can find. What is the price on a hydraulic pump and how difficult is to replace ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612019-03-29 05:13

    First thing I would check is the splined coupler between the front of your engine and the pump. They like to fail there.

  2. #2Tony Tedder2019-03-29 12:19

    Is there a website that you know of that will show the hydraulic pump and the splined coupler you mentioned so I will know what I am looking at ?

  3. #3mg23612019-03-29 12:29

    https://partscatalog.deere.com Type 450E in the search box, then go to bulldozers/hydraulic system/hydraulic pump drive. The drive is directly under the radiator so you know where to look on your machine.