Hello, I found this John Deere http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...accessories-John-Deere-510-W0QQAdIdZ460490050 today and would like to get some opinions. It needs a new hydraulic pump. I checked online a new pump would cost around $1500. What do you guys think should I go and check it out and what should I check on the machine. Thanks in advance Here is the link http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...accessories-John-Deere-510-W0QQAdIdZ460490050
Check to see why it needs a new hydraulic pump. If the current pump grenaded metal throughout the hydraulic system, you probably should consider that machine a "pass".
On the other hand, if the pump was donated to another machine, you are basically buying it for scrap price, so it may make sense to look at it.
I wouldn't go too far out of my way to look at that machine. It's awfully old, and it's hard to tell how it works when it's not working. Typically, good machines aren't scavenged for parts. Like DJ says, if the pump failed, consider the machine parts ONLY. I don't know what you're looking to do with it, so maybe this would be a good one for you, but that's more than I'd want to pay for something so risky. If the system wasn't contaminated from a failed pump, and you were confident it was in exceptional shape then it might be worth tracking down a good pump and making an offer. I have no idea on this machine, but it may be possible to use a much cheaper surplus pump, rather than the original, if you're comfortably cobbling something like that.