Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 510b aftermarket Alternator swap – need wiring help

Bwar77 ยท 2014-04-04 19:43

Need some help - hopefully this pic uploaded and will show - bought a new alternator for my John Deere 510b, old one wet the bed. Prob is the wiring on the alt is different for the 2, not sure how to properly wire. any suggestions? I can figure out where the battery wire goes, to B+, not sure how to hook up the other 3 wires - the red black and green... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! thanks, Brian

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2014-04-04 21:04

    First I see purple, orange and blue. The blue sticking out the bottom is the tach "drive" so it goes to W. I'm not familiar with either of those alternators so your guess is as good as mine on which the blue or red goes to. Hook them up and if it doesn't charge or it charges but the alternator warning light doesn't go off, then switch them.