hey, anybody out there got a wiring diagram for the charging system on a 510c backhoe? Batteries and alternator check good, but she wont charge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. S/N; TO510CG770514
Do the lights work? all the other electrical accessories? When was it jumpstarted? You need battery power at one of the two small terminals on the alternator for it to charge (not the W terminal, that feeds the tach), that power comes from the key switch (fused with the light circuit), and goes by way of 13 red, 13A red and 13B red to the alternator. That's based off a 610 C, so it might vary a little.
Delmer, 13b goes between light switch to the two wire plug on top of alternator. When I start the tractor with the light switch in the off position 13b is dead. If I turn lights on 13b has power and alternator starts charging, I turned light switch off 13b still has power[with engine running] but when I turn engine off and restart it 13b is dead again. And the alternator idiot lights remain on regardless of alternator charging or not charging. What gives!????