I'm suspecting I have a broken line inside the air seat on this loader, the pump runs but it just wont air up. Looking for guidance on where to start? I looked at removing the seat, but it looks like a pretty complicated affair due to the console being attached to the seat frame. Maybe there's no other way around it, but figured I'd ask the experts! Bonus if someone would have some instructions. JD 1DW544KZCA0628813
I started taking the whole seat assembly and side console apart, and found that the best way to get into the suspension is lifting it up with a ratchet strap attached to the roof to decompress it. Once that was done, I removed the rubber skirting and was able to gain access to the inside of the suspension. I found the main issue with the seat, one of the air hoses was broken. Once that was fixed, the seat aired up well, but still had a leak. Turns out the switch is leaking as well. Looking into a replacement, likely $150+. It's a pretty common switch made for this Sears seat assembly. The local heavy equipment seat company recognized the part right away, but they were on backorder. The local Cat dealership stocks them, but I'll check with JD first and see what their price is.
Perhaps it makes sense to install parts that perform the same functions, ordinary household, or from another manufacturer? Have you already assembled the chair? Send me a photo of what's inside?
I'll see if I can snap a pic. The switch is both electrical and pneumatic. In theory, I could just wire up a standard momentary switch to handle the inflation function (turning on the compressor). The setup a valve to release air from the system. I'm going to check with the truck and coach shop here at work to see what they have for the heavy trucks.