Any one with ideas about why the saddle pins on my 570A won't retract. Wear marks indicate that they were used at one time, however that may have been many years ago. Maintence records indcate that one was broken and replaced in 1992. We followed Operators Manual instructions, blade square, in float position, then depress valve. Nothing moved so we tapped them with a hammer. Could not tell if the hydralic line was pressurized. I did try a little WD-40 a couple of day before the last try. We also tried the circle shift left to right during the operation.
We hired a 570 many years ago and had the same problem, am l right to say it has the two pin setup. Both pins appeared to be rusted in place on it, so l didn't bother trying to free them, If its not a hydraulic problem they are probably seized in place. would it be possible to gentle heat the pins with oxy torch, or would that cause the cast metal area, if there is any there, to crack? good luck with what ever you do.
rsherril just wondering if you could explain how to work the saddle pins. we got 2 570 at work and I have been trying to figure it out. any help would be great.
I just registered so I'm not quite sure how to do this but I've got some technical information that may help you. It's a portion of the 570A tech manual that deals with the saddle locking pins and valve. If you can email me, I'll send you the .pdf of this info.
This is what I have found out, but not followed through on. From the JD dealer: Heavy duty impact hammer first; if that doesn't work then "lance it". There are other posts in this forum that recommend when removing stuck pins, first weld a large nut to the pin face before using the impact hammer. I suppose that the heat would help and the nut would prevent damage to the pin should your be so lucky that it would actually free it. The lancing operation would be a bit more technical as I suppose that a "lance" is similar to plasma cutter and will require a pin replacement and disconnect / removal of hydraulic cylinder lines prior to the lancing, (and probably the impact hammer too). I have not followed through because of the expense to restore a function that I would very rarely use. Seems to be a fairly common problem on these machines.