I have a 2012 John Deere 250glc excavator with a 6068ht in it. It has a ton of blow by. The machine itself has 5800 hours on it but the first engine was replaced at 750 hours due to it getting dusted by a bad air filter system. This engine is showing the same fate. My question is, I can’t find very much on the 6068ht. Mine is a 6068ht073. It’s a tier 4 interim engine. How much of a job is a rebuild on one of these? Who makes a good rebuild kit? Anything to look for when I tear it down? Any advice would be great as I can’t find anything on the 6068ht. Thanks
Welcome to HEF Ray ! Machine serial number? Did you remove the hose from the intake and inspect for dusting? Are you sure the turbo is not the source of the blowby? That can be checked by rerouting the turbo drain line into a bucket then check blowby again.
PE6068R053250 is the sn. I’m assuming dusting due to when I went to blow the air filter out it had fallen off in the box. In the service notes from Deere. It is also having a hard when it gets below 70. Would the turbo cause a hard start?
machine sn is 1FF250GXECE608466. The other number I posted is the engine serial number
A failed turbo seal causing blowby would not have a hard start issue, just blowby. Did you remove the intake hose and inspect for dusting? Air intake system intact ? Intake hoses OK and not split? With approximately 5000 hrs on that engine if it is not dusted then I also would have to wonder what the maintenance was like on that machine. Everything performed at the proper intervals? What oils and filters were used? Did the engine run smoothly or did it have a flutter sound? Misfire at all? That would indicate injector issues. I also would not overhaul that engine without installing new injectors. With 5000 hrs on them they could be spraying improperly washing down the liners causing premature ring wear.