Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What kind of OBD code reader

Chisumtrail · 2020-09-10 13:56

Have been looking OBD code reader but there are so many I don't know which one to get. Less than $300 but more would be ok.

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042020-09-10 17:34

    What are you trying to do with it? OBD is a car and light truck standard, there is no standard for trucks and equipment.

  2. #2Chisumtrail2020-09-10 19:36

    My pickups and a jeep, we have computers for equipment.

  3. #3Bls repair2020-09-10 22:40

    I have an older OTC (2006) works well . If you want trans,srs ,abs your going to spend a lot more then. $300

  4. #4nowing752020-09-13 16:54

    https://www.auteleshop.com/wholesale/autel-maxicom-mk808-diagnostic.html They have several different versions

  5. #5nowing752020-09-13 16:56

    It does not do much for bi derection testes but it’s a good code reader

  6. #6Txhayseed2020-10-04 01:11

    I got the latest unit from harbor freight. I’m really surprised how good it is and all it does. 250.00 With coupon. It’s a great tool. It has lots of OE test functionality as well. I’d recommend it