I am looking at one of these 3 machines and was curious if anyone had ran ones back to back i've rented from the local bobcat dealer a few times. Cat doesn't have a 306 in the rental fleet and deere doesn't have a machine to demo yet either. The main thing I am doing with these machines is grubbing and land clearing eventually going to run a mulcher on it for clearing above my fence lines. Which of these machines in anyone opinion has the best digging and tracking power? the dealership realtionships are all good so i'm not worried about dealer support with any of them.
I think with a mulcher you want to look at aux. hyd. flow and pressure. Digging and tracking is secondary.
The 306 without comparing it to the others, is a pretty nice machine. I don't have any love for the 305.5, but the 306 is completely different and 100% better in my view. I agree, if your going to mulch with it, comparing GPM and PSI is important. I would also make sure that whatever you get has a secondary aux line. Otherwise, regardless of what the PSI is, it will have to be dialed back for thumb use, which sucks for mulcher use. You can make a lot of changes on the console with the 306 but I don't think you can alter psi. on aux. I maybe wrong, but I don't think so.
Good points on the psi I didn’t even really think about that because well I didn’t know what I didn’t know. The cat had a 40gpm pump with 24 on the aux I couldn’t find the overall for the bobcat but it was 20 on the aux The Deere was 38 overall on the machine with 24 on the aux
If you need high PSI flow alone won't replace that.