Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690e lc

Agpilot · 2022-12-28 19:24

I’m having a problem(I think) with mode control panel. The motor cranks but every button on the panel is unresponsive. For example, I can’t change modes but to I and P. And when I do that the swing brake light come on. Also changing walking speed causes other indicators to light up. All the while the engine is running at a low idle with no hydraulics. Runs fine in by pass. Before I buy the part ($2000) would like to get other people’s opinion on what direction I may need to go.

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612022-12-29 06:38

    Welcome to HEF Agpilot ! Fuses good? Any lights on/blinking on the system controller?

  2. #2Agpilot2022-12-29 09:18

    I’m going to look at the controller today. I haven’t got any books on this thing so I’m flying blind. And if it’s the controller that is bad do I have a huge trot line weight? Mother Deere has discontinued the controller.

  3. #3Agpilot2023-01-11 16:23

    There are no lights on the controller

  4. #4mg23612023-01-12 05:31

    If you press the switch next to the connector on the controller with the engine running, does anything happen with the lights? Did you check all your controller and switch panel 1 and 2 fuses? I'll post a picture of the fuse box later with which fuses you need to check.

  5. #5Agpilot2023-01-12 09:01

    Absolutely nothing happens. No lights at all. I checked all the fuses in the box right next to the controller.

  6. #6mg23612023-01-12 12:18

    Did you check that there is good power and grounds at the controller? I would focus on the black wire G50 at pin 103 of the small connector of the controller. That wire runs to the negative battery post. Also check the K18 standby relay. Looking back behind the seat, there are 3 relays on the right side., K18 should be the forward most.

  7. #7Agpilot2023-01-13 10:20

    the relay is good. I got to get a diargram of the plug on the controller to see which on supplies power to the controller

  8. #8Agpilot2023-01-16 14:19

    Power is getting to the controller. So I’m assuming the controller is bad.

  9. #9mg23612023-01-17 05:20

    Good grounds? I would load test the grounds. If good, then yes, you may be looking at a bad controller.