Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 770 ch grader trouble code

winter roady ยท 2016-01-25 18:27

770 ch grader with trouble code f342 and is in neutral, does anyone know what this code is? and is this why its in neutral? thanx in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1Tractorguy2016-01-26 22:18

    No communication with ECU... Could be a wire messed up, could be a bad TCU or ECU?

  2. #2Madcanadian2016-01-29 19:50

    My machine will throw this code when it is very cold. It goes away after computer gets warm.

  3. #3localboy2016-01-30 15:41

    I had a 770ch that had a similar problem. It would kick the trans to neutral occasionally. When I shut it off and restarted it would go back in to gear. One time I heard a buzzing noise in the outside fuse box. A relay had a bad connection and caused the spades on the relay to buzz. I cleaned it up and never had the same problem.