Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 850B no right steering?

psmith1905 ยท 2022-10-11 09:14

The right pedal on my dozer has been sticking for a while now and seems to have gotten worse. While using it this weekend I pushed the right pedal to tun and after it was stuck I reached down to pull the pedal back with my hand and heard a snap and the pedal moved freely up and down but I lost my steering to the right. I'm assuming the linkage broke somewhere...anyone ever run into this issue before or have any advice where to look for the issue? I'm very new to dozers. Thanks, -Paul

Replies4
  1. #1swampman2022-10-11 11:20

    I had a similar issue with my case 850E. Didn't break anything, but the pedal would stick and have to be pulled up by foot or hand in order to release the clutch. I traced it down to a bound-up pivot point. Took everything apart, greased well, put back together, and no issues since. Sounds like yours got to the point where it wouldn't move and broke something when you tried to force it. I'd pull all sheet metal and start investigating.

  2. #2psmith19052022-10-11 13:22

    Thanks swampman...hopefully it's an easy part to replace once I find it, I'll start by pulling the lower dash panel off and then trace the linkage to see where it goes from there.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2022-10-11 13:43

    All that linkage connects to the control valve under the floor at your feet

  4. #4psmith19052022-10-12 08:48

    Thanks Diesel Dave, I'll pull the panel this weekend and have a look.