So I was just kicking around an idea of a stationary backhoe inside a building. Now here is what I am questioning if I were to purchase a decent size backhoe attachment like a backhoe attachment for a bulldozer and mount it stationary in the building, could I pull my kubota svl 90 up to the outside of the building and run hydraulic lines to the backhoe (inside) from the aux lines on the ctl and be able to use the backhoe attachment? Would the hydraulics/pump work that way? Reason I ask is debating about on a small scale doing some soil processing inside during the winter. This idea would eliminate running exhaust inside a building but not sure if it would even work. Am I too off the wall with my idea? Also the soil processer only has an electric motor. Just was looking for input if it would work or not?
Sure that would work. The only issue might be if the Kubota has a closed center system it might overheat. On the other hand, why would you run an expensive Kubota when you could hook up the backhoe attachment to an electric hydraulic pump that would be cheaper and easier?
Didn't think of that maybe that would be the better option
In your inital planning, think of 3 phase electric power. Most industrial equipment operates from 480 three phase. Hydraulic power units are very common. Just pick your desired pressure and flow I used to work with hydraulic power units that had accumulators this allowed a small motor and pump to do the job of larger units
If you're comfortable "engineering" a backhoe attachment like this, then adding a start relay and a few capacitors from your local HVAC scrapper is easy. That will let you run a 10HP three phase motor on 220 single phase, with enough power to do what you want.