Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JohnDeere 31c reverser

bae216 ยท 2013-06-16 21:16

After running my backhoe a short while it loses power in forward. It will not pull and when I rive the engine it starts pulling but does not push like it should and will stop under a load. Reverse seems to be working ok. Also the backhoe gets slow with the movement of the boom and bucket after about an hour of operating. I pull the pan on the reverser and cleaned the screen hoping that would help with the forward travel and it did not. I too have changed the hydraulic fluid filter. I know this has a two problem thread and hope there may be some help on either or both here. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Deon2013-06-16 21:25

    Do you mean 310C.

  2. #2bae2162013-06-17 07:27

    Deon, I did mean 310C.

  3. #3Deon2013-06-17 19:54

    bae216, Your 310C has a Borg Warner reverser. Same unit as used on many CASE 580 of the 80's. I have not been able to determine how to search for previous treads but I know there is a wealth if information on this site about this reverser and your same problem on the older Case TLBs. Maybe someone here can help teach us how to search for this issue.

  4. #4bae2162013-06-17 20:39

    Thanks Deon, I have spoke with the JD dealer mechanic and pretty sure I have forward clutches gone in the reverser. Next decision is whether to spend a couple grand on this old baby or trade up. I will be considering trying to pull it and rebuild it myself. May be more than a weekend warrior can handle thou. Thanks again!