Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Joystick controls on Takeuchi TL150

SDTN · 2021-10-15 21:30

The joystick pivot valve is leaking oil. It looks like the rebuild is pretty straight forward, but how do you remove the center "universal Joint". The info I have lists a special tool A and B, not sure what they are, but is the "joint"threaded into the center or some form of cement or locktite. also having trrouble finding the cup seal and oring for the piston plug. Any info or tips will be appreciated. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2021-10-15 21:43

    Kit says $61.

  2. #2SDTN2021-10-15 22:52

    Yes, thati s the parts diagram. the part I am talking aboutIs #19 P/N 1901720232. The info i have says use a special tool to remove, that is why I am wondering is it threaded into the valve, or is it press fitted with some type of locktite. I have seal #3 leaking on several plungers. looks like I will have to try and find them. thanks for your help

  3. #3SDTN2021-10-16 08:11

    Yes, my dealer didn’t have the seal kit and wasn’t sure he could get it, but messaged me, he can get the kit just doesn’t sell individual seals, so that problem solved. Now trying to figure out the yoke joint. That is a $160 part so don’t want to screw it up. Thanks again

  4. #4heymccall2021-10-16 09:05

    Best I found HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Ravi Gudhka2022-12-30 22:44

    Hello, New to the forum. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance. I'm having the same issue as above, what was the end result. Is the u-joint threaded on with Lock Tite? I read the linked thread, unfortunately he's referring to a different machine so i just want to be certain its the same process and assembly style. Happy New Year! Thank you

  6. #6skata2022-12-31 15:46

    Can't remember. If its a roll pin, just tap it out.

  7. #7heymccall2022-12-31 16:14

    I don't see, or remember, any roll pin, just loc-tite.