I have collected a few mining pictures from around the Western Coalfield in Kentucky. These photos are from Muhlenberg, Hopkins, and Ohio Counties. These three counties essentially represent the three "Big" coal producers in the region. It does bear mentioning that Webster, Union, and Henderson Counties are also large coal producers as well. People thought that in the 1980's our high sulfur coal would go out of style and never have a market again. Well, times have changed and technology has caught up with coal and to put it one way, Peabody left behind a BUNCH of reserves! Here's a few pictures from Western Kentucky. I have to thank both Hopkins County Coal (Alliance Resources Inc.) and Armstrong Coal Company for their generosity and their efforts. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the tragic ceiling collapse in Providence, Kentucky last week. More pics can be found on my Flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/perspectivephotography/ Otherwise, enjoy the "Taste of Western Kentucky" here in this thread my friends!!!
Those are great photos Lexy -Jeremy
Thank you very much Jeremy!
Nice classy photos there Lexy Thanks for sharing
I have just spent over an hour and I have only got to page 22 of the flickr photos. There are many superb pics in those pages. I can see many more hours disappearing. You obviously have a passion for planes, so do need to capture an A380, they are beyond words and make the 747 look small. I saw one, Quantas at Sydney kingsford smith next to a 747 and it also dwarfed the terminal. I saw another, Emirates in Dubai and that was in a line of 777 200 and 300!
Thanks alot! I actually have photos of the A380 inside and out on Flickr. You'll see them! I have a bunch of photos from both the earthmoving segment and the aviation industry on there. Thank you again very much!!!!
loving the pictures it's great seeing other countrie's mining scene.
Do you have any photos of the Pine Branch Coal operation at Chavies in Perry County ...?
nice pics, interesting how they do things round the place, looks like a D25C ANFO truck? we used a heavy spec (50t GVM) 8x4 road type trucks down here
Cool pictures my friend. They're look hot. I don't have any idea about this machine, that's why I would like to ask if this machine is relative of crane. Anyway, thanks for sharing your great photos!