Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Mining picture from Arizona in the mid 60’s

stinkycat ยท 2010-05-07 22:38

This was taken around 63 t0 65 I believe they were still using LL Euclid end dumps. My Dad broke first ground for the Mine in 61

Replies9
  1. #1Cat Dr.2010-05-08 06:43

    Nice one! Good to see some history from time to time!

  2. #2TheTransporter2010-05-09 18:49

    Which mine is that? My dad worked at the Bagdad mine for 28+ years.

  3. #3stinkycat2010-05-09 22:43

    It's Asarco Mission Unit south of Tucson the town its at is Sahaurita Az, you google earth and see the complete mine as of today. Bagdad I think was up around Prescott.

  4. #4TheTransporter2010-05-10 02:09

    Yep, about 45 min. NW of Prescott. So, that mine is down by Green Valley, right? I've moved equipment in and out of most mines in Arizona.

  5. #5stinkycat2010-05-10 09:54

    It,s a little north of Green Valley, I worked at the old Anaconda Mine at Green Valley in the mid sixty's

  6. #6Wolf2010-05-12 17:11

    Those were the days. No tree huggers to get in the way of the mining operations. Beautiful pictures.

  7. #7JimInOz2010-05-13 04:21

    Thanks for the pictures. Is that a single-drive grader taking care of the haul roads.?

  8. #8stinkycat2010-05-13 05:50

    old grader No not a single drive its either a Cat 12 or a early Cat 16

  9. #9bigrus2010-05-13 06:23

    It'd probably be a rigid 16 by the size comparison against the other equipment. Saw one for sale out here for $35k a couple of years back.