how do you remove the panel that holds the key switch on a 2001 cat 246 skid steer?
Three or so screws behind the head light then maybe 2 down the side the whole assembly comes down and then you have to take it apart
I did one on a 2006 232B and it was a bit of a task to get apart. I changed the park brake switch while I was at it. The hour meter was also change at same time.. Seem to recall as said above, the light had to come out to get some screws out. Simon C
I have all of the screws out and I still can not get it down. seems like there is something holding it in the middle.
If I recall the was 2 very hard to get at screws on back side closest to the window that helped release it. It was very tight if I remember. Simon C
Anything in here help? Cat B series instrument panel removal??? Hello Cat 259b machine, Having some issues with the key switch and can’t for the life of my figure out how to remove the front panel on the top left to replace ignition switch. Also want to replace the quick detach button while it’s off Screws seem to be in from behind where it’s basically... HeavyEquipmentForums I seem to recall having to pry out the switches to get a torx headed screw or two out.