I have notice that my SK 120 Kobelco is tracking harder on one side when going forward, in reverse it is ok. I think it is a little lazy also on that side in the forward movement. I started looking thing over and the side that is slower the pedal is not going down as far in the forward motion. I checked for dirt under the pedal. I measured from the pedal to the floor and there is over a half inch diff. from the slow side to the other. I have not removed the panel under neath yet. I'm not sure if the value spool is right there or just the leakage to a spool. So is there some adjustment, There is none on the pedal. I even took the little gas cylinder off and it was not the problem. Any ideas.
hi, is the track loading up the engine ? if it is the end cap on the one end of the travel hyd brake spool has backed off. remove panel, clean out all the dirt, place a clean oil drain pan under hyd trvl mtr to catch anything you do not see fall off valve when you remove the end of brake hyd valve. slide spool over to open end, grip spool with small dia section of spool, using allen key sized to fit into spool end cap hole reef tightening back down, repeat for other side. cheers!
sk 120 Know it does not load up the eng. Nothing unusual going on just slower on one side and seams like a little lack of power compared to the other side and the control not moving as far. Thanks for your reply.
hi, yes then dirt underneath the pedal is a culprit, the pedals are not adjustable. what you can do is like said clean under all around including under rubber boot. if your problem still exists, then i would suggest you visually check under the rocker. the pedal rocker is curved and as you push pedal it forces against a roller ball which in turn forces down on a plunger which activates the hyd pressure reducing valve inside. over time if the dirt is not cleaned out on a regular basis the dirt can erode at the rocker face removing material. you end up with less stroke on reducing valve. these rockers can be expensive. what some have done is add material then resurface. if issue still exists, i recommend teeing in the pilot line to the spool, both sides, a 600 psi hyd prs gauge. activate each direction and compare. it could even be trapped contaminants inside the propel pilot travel valve within the internal shuttles and the check ball is unable to make a positive seal. thus your pilot prs ends up lessoning in that direction as the oil escapes to tank. good luck! adam
Thanks Adam I will ck it out. thanks again. Bill.
can check the turning joint seal