Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco BladeRunner 195

sandnsnow ยท 2009-01-19 00:14

I was wondering if anyone has operated the new Kobelco 195 bladerunner. Last year I was going to buy a ed150. It was a nice machine and the blade was great but it was a slow dozer and hard to make grade going downhill. I dug with a 190 but never had a chance to doze with it. I imagine the 195 not being zero swing would doze better.

Replies9
  1. #1sandnsnow2009-01-19 00:18

    Heres a good pic.

  2. #2Finnmerchant2009-01-19 09:30

    I have although it was a New Holland Kobelco but its the same machine right

  3. #3CM19952009-01-19 10:54

    Here's another thread discussing the blade runners -

  4. #4Prep2009-01-19 16:19

    Would like to see the " BladeRunner" setup put in place on a machine the size of the Kobelco 50sr. I think it could eliminate the need to bring along a skid steer on alot of the jobs.

  5. #5mike694402009-01-19 17:43

    50SR to small to replace a skids Steer. Any mulitool excavator is going to take 2-3 times as long as a dozer or a skidsteer, but if you just have a bit of work, does it matter? I've used a 4 ton BobCAT with a blade and my PC75UU2. Let me tell you, the weight makes a big difference as to how much you can move, and if you are not fast like a skidsteer, you better be able to push a bit of dirt, albit slowly, if you ever want to get any work done. It is a shame the largest machine Kubota makes with a 4 way blade is the KX121. Regarding grading, especially downhill, an excavator is top heavy and will pitch back and forth. Try back dragging for what it's worth.

  6. #6sandnsnow2009-01-19 20:22

    The 150 was top heavy and the zero turn did not help. I was told by the dealer that I could buy counter weights for it. That was why I never bought it. I rented it for six months and it worked really well for us. It will push as much as a D3 and was awesome for roughing in roads. No one has a 195 around here so I just wanted to see if anyone has used one or owns one. It was nice to backfilling foundations and trenches. Cost was at that time and I ended up buying a cat 312 with a stright blade. It is nice just to take one machine to a job.

  7. #7laketreefarm2009-01-20 22:57

    Komatsu sells a 6 way blade on the PC 40, 50 and 75. I've used the 50 w/ a 6 way and it was a nice final grading machine. Lifted the boom all the way up to give it a better balance and extra weight on the rear is important to offset the blade's wanting to dig and dive. A pitch control would be nice. I've considered torching off my Hanix SB550 blade and welding a skid steer mount system so I can remount a 6 way skid steer blade and forks for carrying pipe.

  8. #8Dirty Digger2009-01-28 10:13

    In Europe, the New Holland-branded Bladerunners are just about to get an upgrade; basically the new Mitsubishi engine and all its electronic trickery from the Kobelco/New Holalnd E135B conventional excavator.

  9. #9Tomcos2021-02-13 19:47

    Do you still have the Hanix ?