Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco owners/operators feedback

ctconstruction ยท 2013-02-25 19:11

Hi, we are looking to purchase a new 210 Kobelco Tier 4, 2012 model. Are there some things to be concerned about purchasing this machine? There is only one dealer in our area and i am not sure how good service will be as i dont see many around. The dealer is giving such a good discount on it nobody else can come close to his pricing. I would think most excavators nowadays are good otherwise they would not be producing them but i am hesitant. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Tags2013-02-25 19:59

    I have a Kobelco now and have had them in the past and have been very happy with them. The only thing that would concern me at this point would be the fact that CNH(Case/ New Holland) who was either a partner with Kobelco or the actual owners of Kobelco, have apparently parted ways with them, so at this time I'm not sure who Kobelco actually is. Do a search online and try to find an actual Kobelco website, doesnt look to be alot of support at this moment. This may be why your dealer is offering such a good price, maybe they know something we don't....

  2. #2grandkobelco2013-02-26 05:57

    I'v been working for a kobelco drealer since the mid 90's and I doubt kobelco's going anwhere, The 190/ 210 are our most popular machine's, If your getting a good deal take it! wes

  3. #3Tags2013-02-26 06:56

    Wes, I'm glad you think there won't be any problems with Kobelco, it gives me a little more piece of mind. Like I said previously I have owned a couple of em' and they have been nothing but great machines for me and would like to see them stick around.

  4. #4dirthog2013-02-26 08:04

    Kobelco should be much better now that they parted ways with CNH. Work for a dealer myself and CNH has been a joke from day one they should have stuck to building farm equipment.

  5. #5ctconstruction2013-02-26 08:23

    Thanks for your responses. I was talking to the rep last night and he said that Kobelco was glad to part ways with CNH, He was sending me links through the internet about Kobelco and is sending me some customers who have bought from them and has told me about any issues that they have had with the machines (mostly operator error anyway) The biggest compliment that he gets is power and fuel efficiency. The factory is in the United States and they are the distributor for parts in Western Canada as well. Thanks again

  6. #6ctconstruction2013-03-22 11:53

    Well Wes , we purchased the Kobelco 210 Acer Mark 9 , 2012 model with 200 hrs on er. We talked to about 6 or 7 different owners and construction companies and there was very few negative things to say about them. Most of the operators loved them and their fuel bill was anywhere from 15-25 percent lower than other machines. Not to mention the 3 yr/3000 hour warranty that it came with. Thanks for the responses and will repost later this year about the machine. New website for Kobelco in about 10 days http://www.kobelco-usa.com/