Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEED kawasaki mx80 swing motor parts

mattyc5094 ยท 2010-11-19 12:43

Need to find a place that has or can get parts for my kawasaki MX80 swing motor. I need to rebuild it and have contacted many places and most dont have mx series parts.. Is there a suitable replacement for my motor??????? can someone help?

Replies5
  1. #1mattyc50942013-02-03 05:01

    I found a great place that supplied me with a new rotating assembly for my kawasaki swing motor. they were great and priced very reasonable. http://www.hydraulicpartssupply.com/

  2. #2Scrapper2013-02-04 20:11

    Did you give Sunsource a try? http://www.sun-source.com/web.php/Detail/locations.html The Minneapolis locations rebuilds a lot of excavator pumps and motors. Minneapolis 12800 Highway 13 South #100 Savage, MN 55378 Main: 888-216-0858 Main Fax: 800-636-2755 Service: 800-333-3317 Service Fax: 800-764-2468

  3. #3mattyc50942013-02-04 21:35

    They didnt list Kawasaki or Uchida in there line-up. http://www.hydraulicpartssupply.com/ had good knowledge of my motor and the parts I needed. I pulled the bad motor out that was Hacked together by the last rebuilder that was inside there. 3 pistons were oversized and honed to fit into assembly. when piston failed it damaged spool assembly by metal getting stuck inside. all to save a couple hundred bucks in parts. At least I know that the entire rotating assembly is new and all seals/bearings were replaced. I'm not saying all rebuilders cut corners but some do and I don't want to be the one that takes the chance.

  4. #4Scrapper2013-02-05 09:00

    Kawasaki is listed under "Piston Motors" on Sunsource's website. http://www.sun-source.com/web.php/Detail/hydraulics.html Glad you got the parts you needed and hopefully you can get it back together the right way and back up and running.

  5. #5mattyc50942013-02-05 19:21

    Had it together the day after I received the parts. runs like a new machine. most hydraulic motors aren't that complicated, just need to measure tolerences. most axial motors and pumps are drop in parts and go. valves can get a little complicated. the key is keep parts in the right order, reversing a part can destroy everything.