Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK135SR-2. Not tracking in reverse on one side when warm

regden12 · 2020-05-14 14:40

Hi all I’m having a few problems with my 2008 Sk135 Kobelco. It has 9000hrs. The left hand track motor works fine when cold but when it’s warmed up it won’t go in reverse but goes fine in forwards. I have recently replaced the foot pedal valves because they were leaking oil and the problem has gotten worse. I have pulled the relief valves on the Nabtesco track motors and one had some buggered o rings. So I replaced those but it hasn’t fixed anything. I have done case drain tests at the track motors and there is way more oil come from the good track motor which should mean that that motor is no good so go figure. I have pulled the spools and relief valves and can’t see anything there. I have tried tightening up the relief valve to see if it helped but there was no change. Any ideas where to look now?

Replies9
  1. #1LACHAU2020-05-15 09:30

    1. You should swap pilot line at LEFT TRAVEL PILOT VALVE for checking. 2. Swap 2 main line hoses (A&C for left travel motor) at SWIVEL JOINT for checking.

  2. #2regden122020-05-15 16:25

    Cool thanks I’ll give that a go and see what happens

  3. #3regden122020-05-18 16:08

    Ok so now I’ve swapped the main lines into the centre joint and the problem has changed to when the track motor is in forwards. so is that telling me it’s further back towards the valve bank and maybe pilot side? I’m now going to put it all back the way it was and try swapping the pilot lines that come out the bottom of the foot pedals.

  4. #4Coaldust2020-05-18 22:29

    I think what LATCHAU is going to recommend next is to put new seals in the swivel. But, I may be speaking out of turn.

  5. #5funwithfuel2020-05-18 22:40

    If you swapped A&C as suggested and the problem moved, your turning joint is more than likely ok. This would point towards a pilot problem. Can you tap into the pilot lines at the spool ends?

  6. #6regden122020-05-18 22:57

    That’s what I’m thinking was going to do it at the foot pedals just because it’s easier to make sure I have the right ones. But yes can prob do it at the spool ends. Will give it that a go. On another note when testing in the yard warm but not hours warm it seems to play up when going straight from fwd to rev. But if i let the left lever go to neutral and try again seems to come go better. It’s Like a spool or something is sticking

  7. #7regden122020-05-18 22:57

    So would I just swap the pilot lines over?

  8. #8LACHAU2020-05-18 23:58

    Pay attention at that! 1. Log-in to SERVICE DIAGNOSIS MODE 2 then check No.34 TRAVEL. 2. Check "SHUTTLE VALVE" kit in Travel Pilot Valve.

  9. #9Sourov12024-03-06 02:59

    H How did you solved the problem. I am facing same problem