Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK210 Muffler

PRDiesel ยท 2009-03-10 14:29

The muffler on my machine has finally given up (too many holes to repair and is blowing soot all over my engine compartment). The muffler setup from the dealership is $650.00+/-. I'm sure some of you guys have dealt with this before so is there a more economical option??

Replies4
  1. #1w2bstoned2009-03-19 16:24

    We have taken a muffler from the truck shop and changed the outlet hole to make it work, Took some playing to do it. Better be handy with the mig

  2. #2backhoe12009-03-19 20:42

    I broke down and bought mine from the dealer, I was going through air filters like crazy. It don't take too many filters to justify the muffler.

  3. #3PD Mech Steve2009-03-24 09:20

    PRDiesel: Do you have a part # for the muffler? I may have a good used one available. Contact me directly for more information. Steve. [email protected] www.pdmechanical.com

  4. #4PRDiesel2009-03-24 16:04

    Thanks for the replies. This morning I picked one up from the dealer, along with the various associated parts and pieces. After looking at a few other options, the dealer didn't seem like such a bad idea after all. Put the muffler and pipes on today and they fit like a glove. Now to clean up that sooty mess...