Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK235SRLC blowing fuses engine shuting down.

Mike 138 ยท 2019-12-31 11:29

Working on a Kobelco Excavator Sk235SRLC Serial number YU01-00298 . The machine is blowing the fuse for the fuel shut down solenoid . you can change the fuse and it will run for a while but today it just keeps glowing the fuse. I need the ohms values for the solenoid to see if it is shorted . I will be checking it out on Thursday just wanted to know if anyone has run it this on this machine. Mike 138.

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-12-31 13:21

    IDK what the reading is supposed to be, but I can probably tell u how to fix it.. if that'll help ?? The arm on the plunger has an adjustment screw on it to control "the throw".. The plunger is NOT retracting far enough in its bore to properly seat the plunger.. Disconnect the arm from the shut down LEVER.. NOW, get someone to turn the key to the run position..{start} The plunger will retract in its bore ALL THE WAY.. no blown fuse.. NOW, mark the housing on the inj. pump governor to where the plunger is at the end.. totally retracted. U wanna MAKE SURE that the plunger is retracting ALL THE WAY home when its hooked back-up to the lever.. hence> marking the housing< 1 other thing "I" would do is, take it completely off the pump.. pull the boot & plunger out of the bore/housing.. Scotch-Brite the inside of the bore till its nice & shiny.. & clean the plunger.. I have an old steel fuel line that I've cut a slit in.. I slide "A PIECE" of scotch brite into the slot & put the contraption into a drill.. zip zip zip & 5 seconds later ur done.. Brake Kleen the bore & plunger.. Put a few drops of oil on the plunger & work it back & forth.. NOW, reassemble it & if u split the boot, zip tie it to the housing.. Good luck..

  2. #2Mike 1382019-12-31 15:57

    Thank you, I will work on it on Thursday. Happy New Year.