I have a kobelco sk35-2 with about 3600 hours, that when I go to start it seems to crank for a long time before it actually fires, I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if I need to replace the injectors or if it might be something else, thanks in advance
Have you done the valves
no I have done nothing to the motor, I checked the pre heat grid in the air intake and saw that it was not lighting up that's about it
Kobelco recommend valves done at 2000 hrs that will help I'm working cold coditions and don't need heat
what do you mean have the valves done ? u mean like like clean and re seal them ? thanks just trying to figure out what I need to do or if its something that the dealer should do
The valve lash
Thanks I will look into that
well I adjusted the valves had a few that were a little loose but that didn't really help any other ideas ?
Do you get any smoke out of the exhaust before it starts? or does it blow clean air until it fires? What engine and fuel system?
my kobelco needed to pre heat it to start so if your pre heater is not working i would be checking into that a bit more also you could manual hand pump up the fuel system before you try to start it the hand primer is on top of the fuel filter assembly. I had to do the injectors and fuel pump on my machine and it was expensive to do so I would take my time and check the pre heater system. Not sure how long you have had the machine and what history you know of it but 3600hrs is getting up there a little bit so it could be low on compression if it has had a hard life. you probably have done this but have you checked/cleaned your air cleaner and replaced your fuel filter.
it does not smoke before it starts and its a yanmar engine, not sure of the fuel system, I will check in the preheat system today and im not sure that the grid is heating up and as far as the filters they have all been checked and replaced with new, thanks everyone for the feedback its much appreciated
Just another thought, check all your injector lines to make sure they are tight and now leaking or sucking air? If pre heat grid is suspect I would think you should be able to put a meter on the battery and watch voltage drop when you turn key prior to start/crank position. If its not kicking on you prob wont see much drop. Those preheat grids draw some juice.
I checked the grid its getting warm but idk if its hot enough and ill check for line tightness tomorrow I haven't noticed any leaks but I will double check thanks again everyone for the responses
You might not see the leaks, we had it happen on our jd 4250 tractor. A injectorn line came loose just enough that it was catching air. Not leaking fuel but it wad suckingair causing it to run lower rpm and gutless.