Hi all just got a Kubota KX121-3 I should have asked this question before my purchase but I want down to the dealer "just " to have a look, anyway anyone has anyone had any problems with them? I bought a second hand machine look clean-ish run real smooth hydraulics,engine etc. Proud owner of RC30 posi-track, Cat 301.8
Kubotas are usually bulletproof, YMMV
The best selling mini ex in North America, I had one for 9 months last year, traded it in on a KX057. Good unit!
good to hear a friend of mine just dropped in and he has said the same he loved his. Now I can not wait to get it and have a crack.
The Kubotas are indestructible, extreamly efficient, easy and comfortable to operate, and are backed by a reliable parts and service network. I prefer the U serius as they have the tight tail swing vs. the coventional tail swing in the KX serius. I have a U55-4 and love it, its a good size for landscaping and small construction, is big enough to load a gravel truck and small enough to be pulled behind 1 ton truck. Really good hydraulic power and tipping load aswell.
Can you guys pull a 4 ton machine behind a 1 ton truck, over here in Australia you will need a 4.5t to 5t truck or a rated trailer behind that size truck. thanks for the info I have heard all good reports about Kubota. We have had Kubota tractor on the farm with no to very little problem. I hear you about the zero swing, I do have a little cat 301.8 for tight access still not zero swing but it will do.
I have had mine for five years, 280 hours on it, just here on the farm. Very nice machine. I had to replace the battery on it this year, otherwise it's been trouble free. Love the swing blade! Chass, yes, a one ton dually pickup here is rated fine for pulling a load like that. I have a 20+4' gooseneck equipment trailer and, other than reducing acceleration, I can hardly tell the trailer/KX is back there.
wow that is pretty cool I have to come over there one day. I have had the KX121-3 in the shed today after picking it up just checking it over getting it ready for work this week will take some happy snaps of it and post them thanks for all the input guys.
We run one in our rental fleet. Customers love it and all we do is grease it and change oil. Hands down the preferred machine in outer fleet. I'd buy another in a second. If it lasts in rental it's durable.
Sounds good Acerental, used it for the first time today just a small garden demo, very smooth can not wait till the end of the week when we will be doing some serious digging.
I've been running the exact same machine for 800 hrs now( from the 500 it got handed to me) All I have to say is amazing! Its incredibly powerful for its size. My only complaint is I find it a bit slower moving these days. I used to whip around alot faster and the controls where much more steady. Comes with the wear. The boss is taking ours in to the dealer for a tear down this fall to keep it as good as he can. It gets taken in for service everytime it yells at me and maintained religiously. Due to this, she has been my best buddy. We also got it with and upgraded hydraulics system. Have to be careful I'm not picking myself up or dragging myself into holes. Anyways, excellent purchase my friend. An add on that will help add to the income of your machine is an articulating bucket. That attachment has saved me so much time over and over
thanks Oneshineylady I would love one of those buckets mate. thanks for your input