Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubber tracks

Tradesman ยท 2014-06-15 21:52

I've been looking for a different mini hoe I have a 1 1/2 tonne machine and am looking for a 3 1/2 tonne machine I found a cat with steel tracks, a real good value how bad would the steel tracks be for tearing up grass

Replies6
  1. #1stormdodger2014-06-16 21:00

    I find steel tracks are not that bad in the grass. If you make an obvious hard turn your leaving a rut. I just put rubber pads on my steel tracks and they are aggressive.

  2. #2Tradesman2014-06-16 21:37

    Are the rubber pads a kubota item or did you make them

  3. #3pafarmer2014-06-16 21:48

    I like metal tracks too, I put them on my CTL's and mini Ex. Machines.

  4. #4Tradesman2014-06-16 21:57

    What's a ctl ?

  5. #5pafarmer2014-06-16 22:00

    CTL = Compact Track Loader.

  6. #6stormdodger2014-06-16 22:13

    i bought the tracks a year ago and the pads fairly recently from vancouver track parts. much cheaper than from kubota.