Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco sk60 acera

firetransport · 2018-10-10 19:24

Saw an add for a kobelco sk60 locally, considering buying this machine as an entry level small ex. Any advice or problems with this machine? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2018-10-11 15:31

    Good day Recommend you take a good look round could save you some unpleasant surprise, see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2excavator2018-10-11 20:53

    SK60 Acera, I believe those are grey market machines which could present a problem for getting some parts. Something you need to check into.

  3. #3firetransport2018-10-11 21:49

    Thanks I was wondering about that, the machine is blue not the yellow/grey if that makes a difference.

  4. #4excavator2018-10-11 21:58

    What is the serial number? I would think that would answer the question.

  5. #5firetransport2018-10-11 22:30

    I Don’t have it yet, the guy was supposed to send me a picture

  6. #6TVA2018-10-11 22:49

    Grey market means that machine was not imported to US through official channels and do not conform to US standards. Finding parts for these machines can be difficult.

  7. #7firetransport2018-10-12 00:04

    Right, however I thought the import brand machines paint varried depending upon if it’s a grey market machine vs non grey market? At least that’s what I’ve heard, was wondering if someone could confirm this.

  8. #8Kobelco ireland2018-10-12 06:07

    Do you know what year the machine is, older models can be difficult to get some parts for regardless for it being grey market or not, newer models you should have no problem getting parts for

  9. #9firetransport2018-10-28 22:42

    Ended up going a different route. I bought a case 855d with a 4in1 and extendahoe. It’s for a small demolition/cleanup job so it should work out well.

  10. #10firetransport2018-10-28 22:52