Hi, we just bought a Kobelco SK60 from auction and trying to figure out all the problems with it. Ser# LE17567. I was going to list all the issues and see if anyone knows any tips or tricks for fixing any of them. 1 - Year? Anyone know what year that Serial # would be? 2- No Display - There is a computer LCD, fuel, temp, hour meter that does not function. The only light on it that works is the auto accel indicator. 3-No 2 speed - 2 speed travel doesn't function 4-No Shut Off - The key won't shut off the engine, only pulling the manual bypass will shut it down. Stepper motor has been replaced and seems to work correctly with the auto rpm feature. With no display we can't run all the tests though. I think it might be a problem with the computer but wanted to get some more opinions. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Had one of similar vintage. Hell it could be my old one but can't find the serial number to confirm for sure. My guess is main CPU is toast. Its located under the seat. Not sure if you can even get new any more. I had changed the display monitor as well. Internet will give you breakdown as to age by serial number. Mine had the 7' stick, Wain Roy coupler with 24' tracks. Kevin
Just found my old serial number. Mine was 572 so close. Probably made same day. I paid $2200 for the last new CPU I found. Used were around $1400. It will solve a lot of the issues you describe but my display would work even if CPU was bad. I think I paid $600 for used display. I did have a few numbers for guys that thought they could repair the CPU's. There used to be a Guy from Green Equipment from Toronto that would help with Kobelco issues. Not sure if he still is active on this board.