Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komastsu Backhoe loader

Fred ยท 2009-07-12 20:14

One of the contractors I deal with has just bought a 1 year old Komatsu BHL, does any body have any knowledge of these machines, this is the first one in area & know one else arounds know about these machines:beatsme sorry but I don't know a model number at this stage.

Replies2
  1. #1JonesBros2009-07-12 22:32

    I ran the states 146 backhoe for maybe an hour or two and after running my 420's I wasn't a fan of it. Its an alright machine but it didn't have no where near the power of the Cat's.

  2. #2B.U.S.I.2009-07-14 02:26

    I tried out on of the earlier 140 models. But I didn't buy it. What I liked: -Quiet -Good visibility -Parallel lift on front end -Very smooth controls What I didn't like: -The design of the extenda-hoe -Had a "weak spot" when lifting high with front end. At the time it was Komatsu's first entry into backhoes. I ended up buying a JD310SE. I hear the newer Komatsu backhoes are much improved.