Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 140 backhoe

KLP ยท 2016-09-26 12:25

I'm looking at a used 140 backhoe.Don't see many around Any input,are they a decent machine?Any comments appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Dickjr.2016-09-26 16:47

    I have rented a few of these. They had good power , handled a hammer well and were quiet. Komatsu has discontinued the whole utility line in the US. So who knows about how hard parts would be to get. My Komatsu dealer had a few 142 on the lot , I asked about one and the salesman told me he would not sell me one which I found oddly strange. I guess it boils down to what your gonna do with it and do you mind waiting for parts? Some Komatsu parts are high. The plastic air cleaner cover on my D39 was 250$. Which is ridiculous.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2016-09-26 21:43

    I've ran one a little, as Dickjr said, good power. I was impressed with the loader, more lift power than it should've had. I was moving pre-cast concrete, 4x10x6" thick, over the bucket forks...it would lift 2 pieces, no problem. Stability was another issue, kind of scary. I stuck to 1 piece at a time. Ed