Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 200LC-7

Brian Bobb ยท 2018-08-31 12:01

The monitor for our komatsu 200LC-7 won't shut off even after the body solenoid went out. We checked the alternator for a feedback to the key switch, but it wasn't sending any. What could be the cause for that?

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2018-08-31 16:24

    Sounds like a short between the master disconnect and the key switch grounding that circuit. There are two small wires and two large wires on the disconnect switch. Unhook one of the small ones and the panel should turn off. If it does you likely have a wiring problem or the key switch is shorted.

  2. #2Brian Bobb2018-09-01 06:35

    thank you. I will try that and see if the panel goes off.

  3. #3Brian Bobb2018-09-01 12:10

    I disconnected the wires from the disconnect switch and the panel was still on. When I unplugged the panel and plug it back in, it started to switch off with the key is off. It seems ok for now but I'm wondering if the problem will show up again.

  4. #4John C.2018-09-04 14:24

    Seems pretty successful to me. No reason to worry now unless and until the problem happens again.

  5. #5Brian Bobb2018-09-07 00:04

    That's the thing, the problem always shows up back after a while. For now it seem ok but we can't figure out what is causing that. Every thing goes off with the key switch except the monitor.